Buffalo National River winterizes and closes several visitor use facilities every year on Nov. 15.
Due to extremely cold temperatures that have been forecasted in the coming days, the following areas will be winterized and closed a few days ahead of schedule to protect the park's infrastructure. All areas not listed will remain open until the normally scheduled closure.
- Steel Creek Campground restroom will close on Friday, Nov. 8.
- Upper Pruitt restroom will close on Friday, Nov. 8.
- Tyler Bend Group Sites restroom and Walk-in Tent Sites restroom will close on Friday, Nov. 8.
- Tyler Bend Pavilion restroom and dump station will close on Sunday, Nov. 10.
- Buffalo Point Group Sites restroom closed on Thursday, Nov. 7.
- Buffalo Point Campground restrooms, showerhouses, and dump station will close Sunday, Nov. 10.