Parenting the Love and Logic Way training class will be held from 8:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. Wednesday, May 8, at the Harrison School Administration Building, 110 South Cherry Street in Harrison.
The class is free except for the parent manual which costs $9. The class will be taught by a certified Love and Logic instructor. Certificates will be given to those attending the full class; this doesn’t include late arrivals.
The program is designed to give practical skills one can use immediately, such as:
• how to get children out of bed in a timely manner
• how to stop child bickering and fighting
• getting help with chores without arguments
• how to discipline toddlers in public without causing a scene
• getting teenagers home at the agreed time
• eating and table manners
The class is open to everyone. No children will be allowed the classroom. Those wanting to attend need to RSVP or register the day of class. Attendees can bring a snack/beverage to class. There will be breaks.
For more information or to attend, call or text Shirley Smothers at (870) 577-5635.