American Red Cross
The American Red Cross encourages eligible donors to give blood or platelets during National Volunteer Month this April. Eligible donors of all blood types – especially type O – are needed to help ensure blood products are available for patients this spring.
Upcoming Red Cross blood drives:
• 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Friday, April 26, at Norfork High School, 136 Mildred Simpson Drive in Norfork
• Noon-5 p.m. Friday, April 26, at Harrison Fitness Studios, 121 Cottonwood, Harrison
• 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Monday, April 29, at Independent Living, Inc, 2046 S Cherry Street Suite. B, PO Box 2300, Harrison
To schedule an appointment, use the free Blood Donor app, visit redcrossblood.org or call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767).
Community Blood Center of the Ozarks
Community Blood Center of the Ozarks (CBCO) is the sole local provider of blood for patients at area hospitals in southwest Missouri, northwest Arkansas and southeast Kansas.
Currently, (CBCO) reports that type O negative, AB negative and B negative blood types are in short supply.
Upcoming CBCO blood drives include:
• 9:30 a.m.-3 p.m. Wednesday, April 24, Berryville High School, 215 Ferguson Street, Berryville
• 11 a.m.-4 p.m. Wednesday, May 1 at Hillcrest Home, 1111 Maplewood Road, Harrison
• 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Friday, May 3, at Mercy Hospital Berryville, 214 Carter, Berryville